Saturday 16 July 2016

Fight for You


I feel it rise inside of me
A deep desire to see you free
I hear the pain within your words
And yearn to see it be removed
I know that pain is part of life
I know there’s purpose in your strife
But when the pressure seems so strong
When situations last so long
When hope seems almost spent and gone
When you repeat the same sad song
I wish that I could lift the load
I wish that I could join your road
Does wishing help in any way?
Does freedom come from words I say?
I’ve learnt enough to know that I can’t
Release that load that burns in your heart
But I will try with all my might
To somehow join you there in the fight
To be a friend in darkest night
To lift you up till things are right
And when the fighting’s over, finished, done
I'll celebrate for all you've won

No comments:

Post a Comment