Monday 28 January 2013

Go Away Dark Clouds

Recently while listening to a musician being interviewed, my husband and I were intrigued by how much trouble she had communicating while not singing with her guitar. I suppose I'm in a similar predicament so I thought I'd share my current experience in a poem...

How do you outsmart your brain?
How do I temper what seems so untamed?
My mind is still caught in a sea of unease
While the rest of me desperately tries to be free
And I find myself aching for someone to speak
Not just truth that applies to all manner of things
Though I'm thankful of course
For the love that that brings
But the truth that explains
Why this torture pervades
And what key will transform
What tomorrow will bring
Till it's no longer looming
With silence that's booming
Dark clouds leering
Irony cheering
Life instead
Peace inside my head
And answers
Clear, consistent answers
That's my request
May I rest?
Go away dark clouds
Open up wide you heavens
Remind me of eternal greatness
Plans unfettered by human frailty

No comments:

Post a Comment