Saturday 16 February 2013

Spinning Plates Part 2

I am standing in a room
Full of spinning plates
Suspended on thin poles
I swiftly run from one pole to the next
Tap, tap, tap
‘Keep them spinning!
Don’t let them fall!’
Who's saying that?
Just me
I hear another voice
‘Wait, I’ve got this one’
‘But who’s got that one?’
I reply, pointing at a plate
‘I’ve got them all - you just take that one’
I look up and the plate above my head
Is wobbling erratically
I reach up and it straightens
‘Is this all? Is this all you want?’
‘Just keep it spinning, they’re waiting for you’
I expect Him to point at all the other plates
Instead I now see only four small children
My babies
With teary eyes I say
‘I’ve let them down now’
‘No, I’m holding them too
They’re not waiting for you to save them
They’re waiting for you to enjoy them’
‘But this world is not good for them
I can’t make them strong enough
This world needs changing’
‘That’s my job too’
Now I really cry
‘Why can’t I even enjoy my kids?’
‘It’s ok, they’re just waiting
Let me help you with that too’
He reaches His hand out to mine
And takes the plate from above my head
It fits in the palm of His hand
I see my children smile and laugh
‘Come on Mum, let’s play’

No comments:

Post a Comment