Sunday 1 November 2015

Be Still

Stranded
Abandoned
Arms stretched wide
Seems like no-one's at your side
Only loud persistent voices
Yelling out their only choices
This and that will set things straight
This and that will be your fate
Block the noises
Crouch down low
Soon the booming sounds will go
Leave behind the sound of violence
Focus on the warmth of silence
In the stillness
In the calm
There’s just one voice
Don’t be alarmed
His purpose not to rant
Nor chaste
But instead
A sweeter taste
A softer lull
A gentler tone
More familiar
Than your own
Instead of harm
A soothing balm
From He who chose
To bare His palm
Yes He who played no sinful move
Will meet you there
Will voice His love
Instead of harm
A soothing balm
From He who chose
To bare His palm
"Be still and know I'm God" He says
"Be still and have your needed rest
Those mountains there in front you see
They're minute bumps to One like Me
You've done your best
You've played your part
Now stop and watch
The fireworks start
It's I who'll stand
I'll take command
For on the cross
I bared My hands"

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:1-3, 10 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment